BIO-KG Federation of Organic Development
BIO-KG Federation of Organic Development is an umbrella organization of stakeholders of Organic Agriculture (OA).BIO-KG Federation of Organic Development is a non-profit association of legal entities, as well as farmers and agricultural producers interested in co-operation and development of organic agriculture (OA) in practice throughout the country.
What are we doing:
- ... put organic agriculture on the agenda of national decision-makers, demonstrating its capacity to ensure the safety of food products and means of livelihood, fight against climate change and conservation of biodiversity;
- ... organize events in which organic stakeholders can share their knowledge and experience and to establish valuable partnerships;
- ... carry out projects with global and regional partners to facilitate the transition to organic agriculture, empower local stakeholders and strengthening the supply chain.
- ... promote alternatives to the third-party certification adopted to the diverse needs of organic farmers; and
- ... shape the future of the organic sector by training farmers through our courses on organic farming.
- Consolidation of efforts and the formation of an atmosphere of active cooperation in the development of OA
- Creating the necessary conditions for the development of OA, strengthening the capacities of farmers, promotion of domestic and foreign market for organic products and the development of a national organic certification system
- Evaluation of development opportunities of OA through research
To lead collaborative efforts in order to restore the activity and support to the development of the organic movement in the Kyrgyz Republic and to promote the principles of OA (health, ecology, fairness, care) as the basis of sustainable agricultural policy.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Land Reclamation of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Ministry of Economy of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Agency for Vocational Education
- Trade Chamber of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Kyrgyz National Agrarian University
- Regional state administrations
- 13 aimak (LSG) in
- IFOAM Organics International
- IFOAM Asia
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- The Christensen Fund
- Agroecology Fund
- Public Foundation Bio Service
- German Community for Economic Development (GIZ)
- Public Fund FSDS
- Institute for Sustainable Development Strategy
FOD BIO-KG has 38 members: 21 legal entities and 17 individuals
- The proprietary trademark "BIO-KG"
- Developedorganic standards for crops and livestock based on organic standards IFOAM for the domestic market
- Certified in 4 years: organic - 2749 ha
transition - 2028 ha
more than1000 farmers
- Annual Trade Fair of organic and natural products
- Annual Congress of organic farmers
- Creation of regional structure IFOAM Euro-Asia
- Work of FOD BIO-KG under the "Organic Aimak" Project was the winner in the nomination "The best project in the development of public-private partnership" in the competition of the International Initiative "ECUADOR", USAID, Almaty, 2015.
- Development of the Kyrgyz Organic National Action Plan (KONAP) as a road map of development and promotion of OA in the country
- Development of Sustainable Development Strategy (SDS) until 2040 in a working group of the Government
- Signed MoUs to promote OA with the Ministry of Agriculture, Kyrgyz National Agrarian University, Agency for Vocational Education, Plenipotentiary Representatives of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic in all regions, 13 Local Self-govrnments.
|Address:||Str. Civil 43/1, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan|
|Phone:||0312 365 572|