Wild Nature NGO
The "Wild Nature"Ecological Society (South Kazakhstan Province) was established in 1995 as an independent noncommercial organization, developing community-based tourism in rural areas of the South of Kazakhstan. The society became the first public ecological union in the south of Kazakhstan. Kind of property – private.
The main aims of organization are:
- Community based tourism development in rural areas of South Kazakhstan Province.
- Promotion of the international nature protection actions among schoolchildren and the adult people of the area.
- Support of national traditions of the careful attitude to a nature and assistance to revival of national crafts.
- Development of additional ecological education in schools of South Kazakhstan.
- Involving the wide public of South Kazakhstan to the decision-making process on environmental problems of the area.
- Revealing rare species of animals and plants of South Kazakhstan, demanding urgent actions of their rescue.
- Development of the program of preservation and restoration of endangered species of animals and plants.
- Realization nature protection actions on preservation of rare and endangered animals and plants.
- Assistance to the state bodies and the non-government organizations to develop the national strategy on preservation and sustainable use of biological resources.
Currently we are doing the follow kinds of activity:
- Community based tourism network creation in collaboration with foreign experts,
- Social-ecological analysis of the problem of affairs Especially Protected Areas authorities and local communities (on example of Aksu-Jabagly Nature Reserve and Sayram-Ugam National Park),
- Expeditions on discovery, survey and conservation of endangered animals in Western Tien Shan and Syrdaria Karatau mountains as well as in Kyzylkum, Mounkum and Betpak Dala deserts,
- Summer camps for schoolchildren and University students-biologists,
- Scientific and adventure itineraries providing in mountains and deserts of South Kazakhstan.