Hinthada University (longitude: 94 ̇ 15’; latitude 96 ̇ 15’) is situated on the South East of Myo Pat Lann boundary circular connecting Natmaw and Ingapo Roads, facing Myawady Ward: on the West Ywathagon Village tract, and on the North Letikwin Ward. Although the initial area of the campus was 36.75 acres only and 54.7 acres more was supplemented on (29-3-1992), and the whole area of the campus is collectively 91.45 acres now.
Hinthada Regional College was first established on 18-12-1978, and upgraded as follows:
Hinthada College on (1-4-1980);
Hinthada Degree College on (20-2-2001), and
Hinthada University on (28-9-2001), respectively.
There are over 4500 internal students and 18000 University of Distance Education students from HinthadaDistrct; Myanaung, Kyangin, Laymyethnar, Ingapu, Zalun, Yekyi and Kyonpyaw townships attending Hinthada University.
From the year 2000, modern electronic equipments were installed and put into use at Computer Training Centre, Learning Centre and Language Lab on (24-7-2000). Moreover, Internet access was available on (25-5-2003).
To become a university capable of providing human resources in the nature and the conditions of the region in order to meet the nation’s needs. Organizations Cooperating with Hinthada University
- IIE (Institute of International Education)
- MIHEA (Myanmar International Higher Education Association)
- MEC (Myanmar Earthquake Committee)
- EOS (Earth Observatory of Singapore)
- DMTC (Disaster Management Training Center)
- ADPC (Asian Disaster Preparedness Center)
- International Relation Office (Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina)