Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu is an emerging multidisciplinary university in central Romania. Achieving a competitive education process, corresponding to the quality standards regulated by the European Union, which would allow ULBS graduates to gain international academic and professional recognition is a main strategic objective. The University promotes unique specializations in the Romanian academic area, and the high degree of trust recommends us as a strong-institution involved in increasing the quality of the educational process. The promotion of study programs also in foreign languages, of teaching methods based on the technology of information and the generalization of the implementation of the European Transferable Credit System represent guarantees for the consolidation of educational process.
The mission of the “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu is that of knowledge broker and skills trainer by promoting excellence and ensuring sustainability in the process of education and research, in a wide range of disciplines. ULBS will make a significant contribution to the development of local community, the region, our country as well as the European Union in the international context, by:
- achieving a creative and simulating student-centered education that integrates the results of national and international scientific research into the development of intellectual capital;
- establishing international academic partnerships with prestigious universities;
- integrating research centers into international networks of research excellence and conducting fundamental and applied research, generating knowledge;
- developing the historical commitment to promote academic freedom of expression in accordance with high ethical and integrity standards;
- achieving an internally stimulating intellectual and social climate;
- developing partnerships as broad as possible, at national and international level and by capitalizing on knowledge for the sustainable development of society;
The ULBS mission is materialized through the following strategic actions:
- promoting education and research in accordance to the requirements of a society based on scientific knowledge, innovation and lifelong learning as well as by facilitating their harmonization the European and global levels;
- methodical knowledge and original contributions to the priority areas of the 21st century of science, technology and a broad, flexible, interactive and continuous education for both students and graduates of higher education;
- highly supporting the interaction with the economic, social and academic environment at local, national and international level;
- deeply concerned for contributing to local, regional and national development in terms of social, economic and cultural areas.
In the context of an increasingly dynamic international university environment, “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu remains at the forefront of events adhering to the European as well as international values of education and research. In this regard, an essential role is played by more than 100 partnerships with universities in Europe, streamlining the application of the Bologna system and the European system of transferable credits and the development of the student mobility program – Erasmus.
Read more information:
Applied Ecology Research Center
AERC is part of the Faculty of Sciences of the “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu. The research center comprises of teaching stuff, researchers, Ph.D. and M.Sc. students from the “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, as well as associated researchers.
The center conducts research in the following domains:
- natural, semi-natural and anthropic ecosystems: evaluation, productive capacity, resilience and management
- assessment, monitoring and management of biodiversity, bio-resources and ecosystem services
- analysis of the functional role of biodiversity and of the causal relation between biodiversity, ecosystem functions and ecosystem services
- invasive species: monitoring, prevention and control
- natural and anthropic hazards: assessment, modeling, protective systems, and ecological reconstruction
- management of aquatic and semi-aquatic ecosystems in the context of climate change
- evaluation of the interactions between the ecosphere and socio-economic systems, as a base for sustainable development
Read more information:
Dr. Horea Olosutean
Applied Ecology Research Center, Faculty of Sciences